Cool Tools from XTools Pro



 

I think XTools Pro from the folks at Data East is probably the finest third party extension available for ArcMAP. Not only is it relatively cheap at $150 US for a single license but this feature rich extension is almost indispensible if you are running an ArcView - ArcGIS license. I orginally picked up a license when I was running ArcView - ArcGIS and needed the "identity" spatial overlay functionality. Once I started playing around with some of the other tools I soon wondered how I had managed without it. Some of my favourite functions are: the Aggregate Features/Records which performs an SQL-like group by aggregation query and spits out either a stand-alone table, shapefile or personal geodatabase; Multi-Delete Fields is another cool tool I use frequently which as the name suggest deletes multiple fields with a couple of quick clicks of the mouse; a younger co-worker of mine might call the Feature Report tool 'sick' which I think is hip-talk for really good...the Feature Report tool quickly generates an MS Word editable (not edible) report of a selected feature, showing geometry, projection and feature attributes like the one shown here>>

If you are an ArcGIS user and want to enhance the functionality of your GIS software without breaking the bank you may want to consider XTools Pro. There's even a
trial software download so you can try the cool tools before you buy.

You may not believe it by my hyped up rant, but I don't work for or have any affiliation with XTools Pro or Data East.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น